Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Carrot Soup

I'm not going to explain too much for this one, because these pictures are actually from two different nights cooking a similar recipe. So you can improvise quite a bit. The thing with making soup in the Vitamix is that I haven't had a bad one yet! You can make the most simple recipes and they come out so creamy and delicious! I'm so happy I invested in a Vitamix! I've made a raw carrot soup, but I've found that the cooked carrot soup is so much better. I just sautee some carrots and onions. After a while I add veg broth and simmer, then let it cool before adding to the Vitamix. It will come out incredibly creamy all on its own (that's the beauty of a Vitamix) but sometimes I add labne just for added protein and flavor. One night the hubby added some oranges (this might be from the actual Vitamix recipe). The citrus brightened it up, but I think it was a bit too much orange. If adding it I would cut back to only half an orange, maybe one whole one.

No comments:

Post a Comment