Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Tuscan Tomato White Bean Soup

This might be my new favorite soup! It's tasty and hearty and comforting! You can find the recipe in all its deliciousness here: https://www.vitamix.com/Find-Recipes/T/U/Tuscan-Tomato-White-Bean-Soup I changed the recipe a little. I carmelized the onions a bit, used one small can of tomato paste instead of just 2 tablespoons, and mixed in the tomatoes and beans for a few minutes before adding the broth. I also added a ton more garlic and salt and some dried basil and rosemary while the tomatoes and beans were cooking. Then I took it off the stove to cool a little bit, and I added some labne before putting it in the Vitamix. It probably didn't need it because everything comes out so creamy in the Vitamix, but I like adding labne or goat cheese or something similar to my soup. Next time I would just use fresh tomatoes instead of canned (but still keep the tomato paste). This is the perfect soup to go with a grilled cheese! You have to dip the sandwich in the soup, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment