Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chik'n Avocado Tacos

Ever since going to Tacolu at Jax Beach, I have become obsessed with avocado tacos!! Just a couple slices of avocado, some lime juice, lettuce and tomato is all you really need! Oh, and I read that if you leave the skin on and just cut out the avocado slices that the rest of the avocado will keep for up to 5 days! Good to know!

I decided to step things up one day and made chik'n and avocado tacos. Now, I'm not a big fan of fake chik'n. Even Gardein, which I love so much, just has a weird taste. So if I make it, it's usually a recipe that I can cover up with a lot of other flavors.

Then I tried Quorn, and their chik'n cutlets are so juicy and delicious! The only thing is... they are made with egg whites! So, NOT vegan, NOT okay for a Daniel Fast, and just plain weird! I actually can't stand eggs and prefer not to eat them, so I am torn on this one. I didn't read the label until after I bought the cutlets, so we'll see if I buy it again. It's delicious, but I'm not happy that it's made with egg. Seems to defeat the purpose of vegetarian cooking.


These tacos include alfalfa sprouts, field greens, avocado, Quorn chik'n cutlets, and tomato/cucumber salsa with garlic lime sauce. I cooked the cutlets in the microwave before tossing around with some olive oil, lime juice, and Adobo in a frying pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment