Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hummus with raw veggies

We are hummus addicts in our house! I used to make hummus from scratch (and mine was pretty awesome) but the garlic hummus by Sabra is like crack to us! And only that kind! We've bought some of the others and don't even like them. The garlic one is just delish!

Whenever I'm hungry I usually grab a piece of wheat pita and some hummus, but I had some leftover broccoli chopped up from what I didn't use in my salad yesterday, so I dipped that in the hummus. Yum! I decided to make a little plate with some tomato, squash, zucchini, bell pepper and more broccoli! It was such a great little lunch! I really wish I had some carrots (which I always love with hummus) but at least I found out that just about any veggie goes well with it! I think my favorite was the bell pepper, followed by the broccoli. I threw the tomatoes in there because when I make hummus I like to put it in a large bowl with some olive oil in the center and line it with slices of tomato. Put some hummus and tomato on top of a piece of pita - AHHH!

I think I may be in love with hummus! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment