Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pasta with veggies

Also known as the "we need to go shopping - what can I throw together from what we have" pasta. This is something I throw together when I didn't plan on what to cook. It's just spaghetti noodles with some sauteed veggies. I start with some olive oil and toss in some squash and zucchini (because it takes a while to cook). Season with garlic powder, sea salt, and lemon juice. I like to let them get golden brown before adding in some diced garlic and tomatoes. After straining the spaghetti noodles, I'll toss them in the pan with the veggies and add a little butter and some parmesan cheese. If I have any fresh herbs I'll toss them in, or maybe some dry oregano. Ooh, and capers if I have any of those! Everything is better with capers! : )

Just like regular spaghetti, you can't really mess this up. It's just butter noodles... with a few things added so you can call it dinner! This picture is from another night when I made this, and I added some garlic bread and my vegan version of Capri Salad on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment