Friday, March 18, 2011

Insalata Caprese

This is one of my favorite salads to make. It's pretty and sooooo tasty! But obviously we can't have mozzarella cheese right now, so I decided to make it with avocado. It has a close texture to fresh mozzarella and also tastes great with balsamic vinegar (I guess that makes this recipe bi-winning!).

You can make this salad a number of ways, but my favorite is to layer it with a slice of tomato, a piece of avocado, and a piece of basil. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar and grind some fresh salt and pepper over the top and enjoy! Make sure to get one piece of each element in every bite.

Ahhh... I'm not sure there is anything better than fresh basil! : D

1 comment:

  1. I just bought the book "The Beauty Detox Solution" and it includes some great recipes, and one is called the Avo-Tomato Lunch plate and is very similar to my recipe (minus the Balsamic vinegar). But I love this quote:

    "Avocado, tomato and basil are a combination that must have made Mother Nature smile to herself, knowing how fantastic it would be when we earthlings discovered it!"

    Ah, so true! I can't tell you how much my heart sings when I eat these 3 things together! Ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete