Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Oatmeal

This week I decided to buy some oatmeal in case I need a quick snack. I ate a lot of oatmeal when I first tried to go vegetarian over 10 years ago, and since I wasn't doing things right (I HATED most green vegetables back then) I ended up getting sick. Since then, I haven't eaten oatmeal much, but I'm glad to be bringing it back into my diet!

Last night I made oatmeal and topped it with fresh strawberries and blueberries. Today I made it with blueberries, banana and a little raw honey. I didn't add the honey to sweeten it. It may be a crazy idea, but I think raw honey helps with my allergies. And since they are REALLY bad today, I thought it wouldn't hurt to try. So far I haven't sneezed and it has been about an hour. Maybe it's a coincidence, or maybe I figured out a way to stop sneezing without taking allergy medication that will knock me out!! : )

Anyway, it's not an exciting recipe, but I want to remember that there are basic, easy recipes out there that I can make. And since this is my online cookbook of sorts, I'm filing it away with the rest of the recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment