Friday, March 25, 2011

More Pita!

I'm on a pita kick lately! It's just an easy (and fun) way to make a sandwich! Today's pita was so tasty that I'm making it again tomorrow to bring with us on our 12-13 hour workday! I just tossed a bunch of yummy things into a bowl and mixed it up: spinach (chopped up), bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes (diced), julienne sun dried tomatoes (double sprouts, why not double tomatoes?), soy nuts, flax seeds, tahini and lemon juice. Oh, and green onions. If I had any mushrooms left, I would have added some of those bad boys in there, too! I only used about a tablespoon of tahini and about a teaspoon of lemon juice. It was enough to fill two pita halves. We each ate one of the halves with some honeydew on the side. It was a perfect little lunch! I can't wait to eat it again tomorrow! This may be my new favorite sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment