Friday, March 11, 2011

Zeytinyagli Mantarli Kuskonmaz

Tonight we made a Turkish dish with a name that is much too long for what it is. It's basically sauteed asparagus and mushrooms! But it sure sounds fancy! : )

I got this recipe from Mediterranean Vegan. I know we'll be trying some other recipes from there in the future!

For this one, I added some onion because I had half of one that needed to be used. I also used both fresh squeezed lemon and lemon zest. And before I took the pan off the stove, I added in about 5 drops of soy sauce. It just looked like it could use some! Matt and I both really liked it. He said it was nice and light. It was very easy to throw together. I'm sure we'll make it again sometime!

3 tbsp olive oil
10-12 mushrooms, sliced
1 bundle of asparagus, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 tsp lemon zest or lemon juice
2 cups cooked rice (optional)

In a large pan, heat the 3 tbsp olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the chopped mushrooms, asparagus, salt, pepper, and lemon zest and sauté for 10 minutes. If you are using rice, add the cooked rice and mix for another 3 minutes. Serve hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment