Monday, March 7, 2011

Spaghetti Squash with Basil-Walnut Cream Sauce

Last night we made a recipe from the Ultimate Daniel Fast blog: http://www.ultimatedanielfast.com/2010/10/looks-like-pasta-tastes-like-pasta.html

Matt and I both felt about the same about it. It was good, and we ate it all, but not sure it's something we would make again. We had some leftover asparagus and baby bella mushrooms from last night's sushi dinner so I sauteed them in a pan and added it on top. If I hadn't done that, I think the dish would have been a bit boring just because the cream sauce is so mild. But I'm glad that we tried it out. It was satisfying, just nothing too exciting.



Tomorrow night we're going back to international food and we'll be spicing it up with an Indian dish! We also found an Asian food market near our house and we're so glad because we found a lot of things that we can't find at the regular grocery store. I may be able to convince Matt to permanently go vegetarian now that I can find everything I need to make pho from scratch! Oh, and the nori that we paid $8 for at Native Sun we found for $1.59 at this store. Plus they had Asian Pears for only $2 each (Matt's absolute favorite fruit). Score!!

No comments:

Post a Comment