Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baja Taco Wraps

After two night of Thai-inspired dishes that were on the sweet side, I was excited to have something savory. Baja Tacos totally hit the spot! They were infused with garlic and cilantro flavor for the "cheese," and smoky flavor for the "meat." I will absolutely be making these again!

Some notes... next time I would leave out the cilantro from the "cheese" part. I love cilantro, but I tasted the mixture before adding it and I think it was better. Maybe I would just garnish the tacos with cilantro next time. Also, I added in some mushrooms just for some added nutrition. It seems like ALL of our raw recipes this week are nothing but nuts! I also used a southwestern pepper spice that I picked up the other day in the "meat" part. Really, you can't mess these up!

I apologize about the presentation. It was an afterthought, and by then I had already plopped most of the stuff on there. So it's not pretty, but I promise it is yummy! : )



This recipe comes from the "We Like It Raw" site. It's a recipe by Ani Phyo, and she's pretty amazing! If you visit her site you can find more of her videos and recipes.

Taco "Meat"
1 cup almonds
1 tblsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/8 tsp sea salt

"Cheese" Spread
1 1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup cashews
2 tblsp lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
1/4 cup water, as needed

Top with slices of avocado and tomato (or whatever you prefer).

No comments:

Post a Comment