Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mediterranean Pita Pocket with Capri Salad #2

Last night I made a simple dinner with just half of a whole wheat pita and a salad. I heated the pita for about 15 seconds in the microwave to soften it up, cut it in half and opened each of the halves. If you don't, it will seal shut when it cools.

I filled each of the pita halves with some homemade hummus, romaine lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, bean sprouts, tomatoes, and pepper and salt. That's it! Unfortunately, I forgot to take a pic, but I'm sure we're going to make some again to bring with us to this weekend's wedding. I'll try to snap a pic then!

I also made my new favorite obsession - my vegan Capri salad! I prefer the avocado over the mozzarella! It's so delicious and just soaks up the balsamic vinegar! This time I used cherry tomatoes (cut in half) and diced the avocado. This picture is actually of my late night snack, so I didn't have any basil left and had to use some basil paste. It worked fine. Seasoned with some salt and pepper, and I could eat this all day every day!

1 comment:

  1. I just bought the book "The Beauty Detox Solution" and it includes some great recipes, and one is called the Avo-Tomato Lunch plate and is very similar to my recipe (minus the Balsamic vinegar). But I love this quote:

    "Avocado, tomato and basil are a combination that must have made Mother Nature smile to herself, knowing how fantastic it would be when we earthlings discovered it!"

    Ah, so true! I can't tell you how much my heart sings when I eat these 3 things together! Ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete