Thursday, August 15, 2013

Grilled Avocado

We had this at a restaurant in south Florida, and it's one of my favorite things to eat. Well, anything with avocados is my favorite thing to eat! For this, we sliced avocados in half and spritz with olive oil and cook on the grill (flat part down, of course). Meanwhile, we pan fry some corn (I've tried it with frozen and canned and they both work). I do this by putting some olive oil in the pan and getting it hot. I also like to add some chipotle peppers in for flavor! When it's almost finished, I add some green chiles for more flavor. Chop up some red onion, tomato, and cilantro and mix with the corn and top the grilled avocado halves (or dice up the avocado if you'd like). We top it off with some sriracha. The restaurant also added some tortilla crumbs for texture. We usually skip this because we don't usually buy tortilla chips. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment