Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Portabello Mushrooms

Tonight we had portabello mushrooms topped with sauteed onions and mushrooms (bell peppers are also great but my hubby doesn't like them). I put the oven on broil, lightly drizzled olive oil and reduced sodium soy sauce on the portabellos, seasoned with garlic powder and black pepper, and squeezed fresh lemon on top. Let them broil for about 2 minutes on each side (what carefully!) and then top with the sauteed veggies. I also use the soy sauce, olive oil, and lemon to season the vegetables as I sautee them.

Mmmm... can't wait to make this one again!!

2 comments:

  1. This meal was fantastic. The side of potatoes were a bit dry because we can't use butter, but when I put the portabello on top of the potatoes, all of it's juices soaked in and almost made a potato gravy. I thought it ended up being very tasty. The mushrooms and onions on top of the portabello pushed it over the top.

    It might be interesting to try a portabello salad. Maybe with some terriyaki and/or soy sauce. Like an Asian Portabello Salad.

    ReplyDelete