Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Raw Cacao Truffles

I made this sweet treat a few weeks ago but never got around to blogging about it. I didn't make the recipe exactly like this. I had macadamia nuts, so I used those instead of almonds. I also had carob powder so I used that instead of cacao powder. I didn't have dates, but I had raisins. And instead of maple syrup I use raw honey. I'm guessing that it would have been better with the right ingredients because I prefer all of those to what I had, but it still turned out pretty good. Matt didn't like it as much as I did, but I thought it was a nice treat that I didn't have to feel guilty about!



This recipe came from The Beauty Detox Solution:

Ingredients
2 cups ground raw almonds
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
6 dates, pitted
1/2 cup raisins
1 tbs coconut oil
pinch of sea salt
3 tbs cold, filtered water

Optional - 1 cup shredded coconut flakes and 3 tbs maple syrup


The recipe recommends soaking the almonds for 24 hours, rinsing and drying them in a dehydrator. I didn't do all that because 1) it was a last minute decision because I was craving a treat and 2) I don't have a dehydrator.

Grind up everything in the food processor (adding water last and only as much as you need). Roll the mix into a ball and roll the truffle in the coconut. Allow to harden for at least 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment