Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lesson Learned

This past weekend was a serious test for us, and I have to say we failed miserably! We went to visit our friends in Charlotte and totally indulged in just about everything that was put in front of us. I even had a small meat taco (I blame it on all the wine lol). Cupcakes. More wine. More cupcakes. I'm not even a big fan of cupcakes (too much sugar makes me feel icky), but if you put it in front of me I'm going to eat it. Then later I will regret it. Every day I made poor choices, and every night I felt terrible (physically and mentally) for doing it. Yet I did it again the next day.

My punishment... I gained almost 8lbs! In one weekend! My friend asked if I had a good time, and I said yes, but man I am paying for that good time now!

But also my friend pointed out that the weight I gained is a good reason to get back on track. And I have to agree! I'm glad that we did it. I know now that if I don't have a plan for food when I'm traveling or visiting with friends I'm going to just eat whatever I am offered. I also know that you can gain weight VERY easily. In fact, I told Matt that I thought I gained about 8lbs after our weekend. When we got home, I jumped on the scale and told him yep, I was about right. I don't think he believed me until he jumped on the scale and found he had gained 6-7lbs!

Fortunately, I've already shed about 6lbs back off. We've been eating really light. Dinner has been salads full of fresh ingredients and homemade dressing (made with little or no oil). I did a pretty intense workout the night we got home (cardio and toning) and today I did some more toning. I think every part of my body hurts! Figures that the ONE week I don't schedule an appointment with our chiropractor is the week that I really need it! I tried to stretch a lot today but there are places that hurt that I didn't even know existed! LOL!

I hope that Matt and I have learned something from this weekend. If we are going to be strong about our choice to live a better lifestyle then we're going to have to support each other! One of us has to say to put the cupcake down! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment