Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grilled Flatbread

My new "I didn't plan dinner and I want to make something fast" meal is grilled flatbread! It's so easy and so good! Just whole wheat flour and water, kneaded well and rolled into a ball to set for 20 minutes (or more). Then I roll it out and cook it on the grill (which I describe in this post). While you're waiting for it to set you can chop up ingredients for a salad and prep your flatbread toppings.

This time I chopped up a lot of garlic into a small dish with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and some oregano and let it sit to soak up the garlic goodness. After the first side of the flatbread cooked, I spread the garlic oil on and topped with spinach, tomato, onion, and grated soy cheese. It's just like pizza. You can't really mess it up! Add a big salad to it and call it dinner! That's what we did! : )

3 comments:

  1. Wow Gwen! This is awesome! thank you so much for posting your recipes here. I tried to do the raw food diet one time and it was so much work. I just didn't have the patience and time to follow it. I am so proud of you guys! You are very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lenara! We only did a raw diet one week, and it WAS a lot of work. It was also very fattening because the recipes I chose had a lot of nuts in them (like 2 or 3 cups of nuts in each recipe!). And nuts are also very expensive.

    But the flatbread (and much of our other recipes) are cooked or at least include some cooked items. I find it easy to follow and also find that I'm enjoying food a lot more! : )

    ReplyDelete