Sunday, April 24, 2011

Vegan Fettucine Alfredo

We made some fettucine noodles a while ago and put them in the freezer, so this week when I didn't have a plan for dinner I decided to use them.

For the sauce, I started with some olive oil and garlic and then added in some silken tofu. I cooked the tofu for a while trying to break it up as much as I could before adding some grated soy cheese and almond milk. Looking back, I wish I'd tossed the tofu and grated soy cheese into the food processor to get a nice, smooth consistency.

While I was making the sauce, I steamed some kale and added it to the pasta. I also topped it with fresh parsley. Matt really loved it, and while it didn't taste as good as my non-vegan alfredo sauce, it was pretty rockin' for a vegan version! And it was a pretty quick meal. Everything was done in about 15 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment