Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pan Fried Shirataki, Veggies, and Grilled Flatbread

This meal was a little bit of everything. I knew I wanted to make shirtaki, and my idea was to pan fry it. My thought was to make it like a potato pancake and cut it up into quarters, but I couldn't get it to stick together. So instead I tossed it around with some Bragg Liquid Aminos, and it was still really good!

I also needed some veggies, so at Matt's request I grilled some squash and zucchini and then also steamed some kale. Matt also wanted to try grilling the flatbread, so I put some foil on the grill, sprayed it with olive oil, and put two long pieces of dough on it. After grilling a few minutes, I flipped it over, added olive oil and garlic, soy cheese, and some red onion and continued to cook a few more minutes. Surprisingly, the grilled flatbread turned out much softer than when I made it in the oven.

Even though we just threw together a bunch of things for dinner Matt said it was one of his favorite meals! Somehow it all worked together!

1 comment:

  1. It was definitely one of my favorites. The grilled pita was awesome..crunchy and soft. the cheese and onion on top took it to another level. And the shirataki noodles were amazing. I don't remember ever having them before but I'd put them at the top of my noodles list now.

    ReplyDelete