Sunday, April 17, 2011

Veggie Flatbread

After watching an episode of my favorite Food Network show "Down Home With The Neelys" I have been anxious to make a delicious veggie flatbread. The Neelys used dough from the store, but I decided to make it at home. The challenge - we only have whole wheat flour, we aren't eating eggs, and, oh yeah, I didn't have any yeast! So I made the dough out of nothing more than wheat flour and water and hoped for the best!

Fortunately, it worked out for the crispy flatbread that I was going for!

I took about a baseball sized piece of dough and let it sit for a couple hours. Then I rolled it out and cooked it in the oven at 375 until it was cooked a little. After that, I added olive oil, garlic, and oregano and then topped with fresh basil, soy cheese, and slices of squash, zucchini, and red onion. I cooked for about 10 minutes, and then toward the end I added some kale that had been tossed in olive oil and more garlic to the top and cooked for another minute or two. We sprinkled it with grated soy cheese and it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment