Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Veggie Turmeric Quinoa

This is yet another Beauty Detox Solution recipe! I've been wanting to try this for a while, but I keep forgetting to buy quinoa since I have never bought or eaten it before. Well, until tonight, that is!

This is so easy to make that I'm not even going to go get the book to tell you the recipe. : )

Start by soaking the quinoa for 24 hours, and then rinsing well. Cook the quinoa by boiling the water, mixing in the quinoa and reducing to let it simmer and soak up all the liquid. Or you can walk away and forget it and let it keep boiling like I did. Still turned out fine! LOL!

Then heat a little coconut oil in a skillet and saute a small diced onion. Add seasoning (sea salt, curry, turmeric - I also added pepper, Adobo and coriander). I then tossed in some chopped cauliflower, fresh corn off the cob, and diced red bell pepper. Then I probably put a pound more curry and the other seasonings on it and continued to cook and let everything mix together. After the veggies are cooked, add the quinoa in and mix it all well. We topped with fresh parsley, but I thought it took away from the other flavors. Matt liked the cauliflower, but I thought it would be better without it. Then again, I'm not a fan of cauliflower!

Oh... I also added some fresh squeezed lemon over the whole thing before serving. I think this really added to the flavor. Lime may have tasted even better.

This is a tasty, quick meal. If you don't walk away from the quinoa while it's cooking you can chop up all your veggies and get those started and probably cook this in under 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot that I added some garlic powder. Next time I think I would add some fresh chopped garlic in there, at least maybe to the quinoa while it's cooking (an idea I got from my friend, Sandy).

    ReplyDelete